The Best Baby Gifts to Buy in 2022
Ever feel like you’re constantly in the middle of baby season where all of your friends and relatives are expecting a bundle of joy?
As exciting as it is to welcome a new baby into the world, it also means that you’re now tasked with buying a gift. If your friend or relative is very particular, then it’s best to stick to what’s on their list. But if they’re laid back, well, that opens up a slew of questions:
Are you getting something for the nursery? Looking for a customizable gift? Trying to stick to a budget? Giddy to splurge on your first niece or nephew?
Phew! It can get overwhelming. Luckily, that’s where we come in.
Whether you’re shopping for a loved one’s baby shower or planning your own baby registry, we’ve compiled some of the best baby gifts out there for babies and parents-to-be.
From budget options to sweet toys to gender-neutral baby clothes, there’s something on this list to make any expecting parent smile.
How we chose
Of course, when recommending products that are geared toward babies or children, we always make safety our top priority. In addition to ensuring that none of the products we recommended below pose a safety hazard, we also looked for giftable options that have high ratings, are outside the box, or offer customization to make the gift truly personal.
Healthline Parenthood’s picks of the best baby gifts
- Price: $$
Trimming teeny baby fingernails can be nerve-wracking for new parents, but this gadget makes it a stress-free experience. It’s a battery-operated clipper sized for infants, babies, and toddlers with a safety shield and patented trimming mechanism for a clean, continuous cut. A mini light illuminates the nail, and an enclosed compartment with a sliding bottom catches clippings for easy disposal.
The Lil Nipper is made with medical-grade stainless steel and easy-grip side panels, with no blade sharpening required. It’s one of those gifts’ parents will find themselves using again and again.
Other Categories Include:
- Best gifts for personalizing
- Best on Amazon
- Best budget-friendly gift
- Best baby gift basket
- Best for big siblings
- Best clothing splurge
- Best gender-neutral clothing
- Best nursery decor
- Best gifts we bet nobody else is giving
- Best gift for parents planning on baby-wearing
- Most traditional baby gift
- Best baby gift for parents heading back to work
How to choose the best baby gift
Choosing the right baby gifts means keeping a few things in mind.
- Keep it age appropriate: A gift that parents can use right away or within the next 6 months is usually a good idea. Otherwise, you’re giving something that needs to be stored away, and you run the risk of the busy parents forgetting about it entirely.
- Be thoughtful: Spend a little time thinking through gift options. No matter your budget, there are endless options for functional or downright adorable gifts. Baby items that you’d personally recommend, based on your own experiences or others, tend to be very well received.
- Be realistic: If it’s overly fussy or not easily cleaned, do the parents a favor and keep looking!